- Take a prenatal vitamin with folic acid daily.
- Give yourself plenty of rest and sleep, your body needs this right now.
- Notify us if there’s any spotting or bleeding.
- Avoid consuming the following: raw fish, raw meat and raw milk products.
- Abstain from alcohol and cigarettes.
- Exercise with moderation.
During your appointments with us, we shall discuss the above points in great depth, along with any questions you may have. Starting from the beginning of pregnancy, we recommend visits approximately once per month. The main purposes of such visits include, but are not limited to:
- Getting to know the unique details of each woman’s pregnancy and how to take care of them.
- Detecting any possible illness of the mother or the child, so that appropriate medical advice can be given.
- Preventing premature birth.
- Discussing any extraordinary circumstances surrounding the birth.
The following are the tests we regularly administer in order to monitor your pregnancy:
- Blood tests
- Cardiotocography (CTG) readings
We recommend the article “How do I behave during pregnancy?” (German only) and the following websites for further reading: www.swissmom.ch (German only) and www.swissperinatalinstitute.com (English, German and Russian).